Notice I said "part 1". I hardly think I could list all the things about Rob for which I am thankful, and even if I listed everything that came to mind today, tomorrow I might have a whole new list. That is one of the wonderful things about gratitude, it is ever seemingly redefining itself when in truth it has only set itself against a new background that highlights yet another piece of its glorious countenance.
Such is also true for my husband.
So, here, today, on a chilly Sunday morning in North Texas as our daughter, who has a head cold, sleeps on the couch and The Man of my Dreams sleeps snuggled up in our bed--this is my list of gratitude with such a backdrop.
1. He hears Anna sniffle from her room and can't sleep through it.
2. He jumps on the trampoline with the children.
3. He plays computer games with the children.
4. He will watch chick flicks without grumbling.
5. He writes down Anna's medicine schedule so I don't give meds at the wrong time.
6. He never accuses me of having the easy job.
7. He thinks tickling little boys is hysterical fun, and since the little boy in our house agrees, it works.
8. He thinks sitting in the recliner reading a book while a stuffy little girl reads on the couch is just what a daddy should do.
9. He knows where the vaporizer is and how to set it up.
10. He turns on the small fan in our bedroom and closes the door so I don't hear the sniffling, coughing, sneezing, and prep work coming from the rest of the house.
11. He will sit and watch as many videos as the children desire and never complain about boredom.
12. He always finds something to color on that blank piece of paper so we can all gather round for "non-demanding" family time.
13. He always has the energy to go get a fountain drink from Sonic to help break up congestion.
14. If you'll eat it, he'll make it or get it for you.
15. He snuggles.
16. If the video store is open, he'll get whatever you want to watch.
17. He doesn't fuss about how tired he is.
18. No matter how sick you are, he'll still kiss you on the forehead and smile at you.
19. His laughter is good medicine.
20. He never grumbles about being needed so much.