I love fall. I love the whole woner of it. There is something amazingly peaceful about fall, like settling down for a long sleep after a hectic day, and who isn't thankful for that?
But there's more. I have other reasons I am thankful for fall, including...
1. The acoustical joy of walking across the blanket of brown leaves in our front yard.
2. The bright red leaves that fall from our neighbor's tree and mix with the brown oak leaves that carpet our yard.
3. Cooler days.
4. Chilly nights.
5. Sleeping bags when we camp out...even when it is only in the backyard.
6. Cozy jackets.
7. Having lunch outside and not sweating.
8. The spindly arms of trees as they slip out of their spring and summer garments and drop them at their feet.
10. Long walks any time of day.
11. Keeping the windows open.
12. The explosion of colorful leaves. We've missed those some this year in Texas, but some years it is like fireworks just above our heads.
13. Warm blankets to wrap in when I have my quiet time on the deck.
14. Apple cider.