Most folks are thankful to sleep through 6:00 am. Sometimes I am, too, but on this particular morning as I sat on my deck, I was thankful to be awake because I'm thankful for the wonderful things 6:00 am brings with it. Such as:
1. The quiet in the house.
2. Two sleeping little ones and a sleeping hubby.
3. The smell of coffee.
4. The birds waking up.
5. Squirrels chattering away.
6. No traffic.
7. Needing--and having--a blanket to wrap up in.
8. Fred, our Lab experiment, sitting close by.
9. My rocking chair.
10. The sun splashing into our backyard.
11. Prayer time.
12. God, who is always there waiting...