As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Because We Have Hope...

Once again Anna and I are participating in Relay for Life, Wylie/Sachse event, April 29th.

At the event, our team will camp out overnight and take turns walking around the track to raise money and awareness to help the American Cancer Society. The first year we participated I wanted Anna to see that even a child can make a difference. This year we are participating for a different reason. This year we are participating because we have HOPE.

I walk because I have hope...

I hope my being here, wearing a Caregiver shirt gives courage to someone else wondering how they will endure the trips to the doctors', watching their loved one sick from treatment, and the letting go that may ultimately be required.

I hope to give someone a smile, a laugh, a better day because I'm here.

I hope to be the hand up when someone feels like they cannot take one more step.

I hope that when I hit that wall that says I can walk no further someone sees me take one step more and knows he or she can, too.

I hope to share the story of my mom with others who know the importance of the immortality of stories, the words of love, and I hope they share theirs with me.

I hope to scream into the crowd, into time, and into the face of the enemy that I will not be defeated, I will not bow down, and I will not quit, but I will walk as long as their is someone who needs someone to walk with them, who needs someone whispering, "Yeah, the road is hard, but you can make it," who still has hope, too.

I am walking because I hope to make a difference in the minds, hearts, and lives of those fighting their own battle with cancer, whether that be through medicine, keeping head high even with the worst of prognosis, or grieving a loss. I am walking because I believe even greater than research is relationship and knowing in this fight no one is alone.
--Jerri Phillips, 2011, profile page
Please prayerfully consider supporting us as we hope and we encourage others to hope as well.

God bless you and yours,

Jerri and Anna Phillips

Anna’s Page

Jerri’s Page:

Please do not feel you need to donate to both of us. If you are trying to choose between us, it is my desire that Anna’s fundraising goal be met. And if you are unable to support us financially, would you consider praying for us and maybe sending a note of encouragement to Anna? If you email me on her behalf, I will gladly forward it to her, or you can feel free to email her yourself. Thank you for your support.

No comments: