"Friends are the people who, when you forget your heart song, sing it back to you so you can remember."
Or so some say.
My friends are more than that.
They are treasure keepers, and I am blessed to be treasured by them.
They do more than sing a song to me in hopes of jogging my memory when the roller coaster of life leaves me lightheaded. These people are not a bunch of high-heeled tea sippers happy to chat along while I pick up the lunch check. These are people who plaster pictures of me in my heart, mind, and soul when life pain and too big mountains leave me with identity loss. These are people who do not say, "Call me if you need me," but show up at my door and scream, "I know you're in there. Don't make me break this thing down to get to you." And...believe me...they would. They have.
I love them...and I am amazed at how much they love me.
And, "Thank you," will never touch my gratitude.
882. Friend of 20 odd years, unafraid of hard questions, still seeing amazing even when I've forgotten.
883. Understanding instant messages can provide enough cover to slowly be found
884. Patience when the bars keep dropping out down in the Hill Country
885. 4:00 am, "Are you sure you're okay? If not, we can talk some more."
886. A bottle of wine and talking like we were in college
887. Holding on when I can barely even stand up
888. "...wonderful...even now..."
889. The daily dose of laughter because it's good medicine.
890. Dunked Oreos
891. Freshly created songs sung not so on key
892. Calm in the midst of the chaos
893. Not being shocked
894. Follow-up calls the next day..."just to check on you"
895. Believing in the whole picture
896. An hour and a half of looking for Wifi that actually worked because some emails are really important
897. Long hugs
898. Road trip therapy
899. "It's about standing in your hair color."