I am grateful for...
862. A neighbor who would run into a burning home to save others.
863. A new friend who opened her home to an elderly couple with no place to go.
864. A small army of neighbors who stepped up to salvage pieces of lives, protect what was left, and rebuild what was lost.
865. the Man of my Dreams who made multiple trips to the grocery store to supply dinner for people who thought of everyone but themselves.
866. My friend Lisa, who cheered when I sent off another article to be considered by a "big publisher"
867. My friend Paula, who worked found submission information and helped me with a query letter to send off another article
868. Those who believe God is blessing others through me, which feels unimaginable at times.
869. Molly, the Heeler/terrier mix, that honored me by bringing me her ball to play a great game of fetch
870. Debra, Molly's "mom", who talked dogs, toys, and training. Camping folks are some of the friendliest anyway, and Debra certainly gives them a great name.
871. Sarah, a friend for a little boy trying to figure out how he fit into camping when "relaxing" does not include sitting around doing nothing
872. Grandma, who helped Anna try to get the fish in, and fought valiantly, until the line snapped. We lost the bait, hook, and bobber, but Anna got a memory and a smile that was worth it.
873. My brother, who is just cool
874. Sharilyn...for being more of a blessing than this writer has words to say.
875. Friends who sit around and hang out for a few hours talking, processing, deccompressing, and laughing. I didn't know how tense I was until I'd been around y'all a few hours, my muscles relaxed, and I ached all over. LOL!!!
876. The two most amazing children in the world.
877. Teenagers that make me excited about what their generation is going to accomplish. Jordan and Oakley, y'all rock!
878. Prayer team captains that bless, listen, and encourage. I have the best!
879. Prayer team members that ask the right questions and say the right things at the perfectly right time to let me know God is hearing, God is working, and God is not looking for a backup plan.
880. Shaleen, who drove over an hour and a half to help adopted "neighbors" when they were in need.
881. Bilal, the Man of my Dreams' trainer, who is not only a positive force during class, but calls to check in when Rob misses classes, is truly concerned for Rob's health, and is available to make help in any way possible to see our family be healthy. I don't know that he'll ever know how much that 15 minute conversation meant to me.
I am sure there are more that just have slipped my mind at this moment, and I might add them throughout the day...or week. Looking back over the last week, these are the people who have been healing balm to my heart, a hand to hold me up, and Jesus in front of my face. They are amazing people, and I thank God for every single one of them. I pray you have people like this in your life, too.