As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My NEPHEW Gabe

First, I'm not sure how I gave the impression Gabe is my grandson. Where did I type that? I read through and didn't see it, but I could have missed it. Since I've gotten a few posts and emails congratulating me on my grandson, I'm wondering. I have done such things before.

In any case, he is my NEPHEW, as in the son of my husband's brother and his wife.

Second, I talked to my husband's brother, Ben, today, and there is good news and confusing news.

Good news--the culture came back negative.

Confusing news--Gabe vomitted last night and turned blue, which isn't unusual if you are choking on vomit because there is no nurse watching you in the NICU. As soon as the alarms went insane and a nurse checked on him, they cleared his throat. His oxygen went back to 100%, and he was fine. After that, my sister-in-law has fed him and stayed with him almost constantly. There has been no problem while she is there. If there continues to be no problem, Gabe and Jennifer will be going home together Tuesday.

Why is that confusing? You just had to be part of the four phone conversations that have gone on between here and Louisiana today to understand. In short though, things look like all will be fine.

Thank you for all your prayers. Please keep praying.

1 comment:

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

OKAY...I think I started something!!! I am SOOOOOOOO sorry!! Everyone...the grandson part was MY fault!! I'm must of been having a BAD stupid moment!! Jerry is YOUNG beautiful woman that has a NEW nephew!!!

I am SOOOOO happy to hear about Gabe's progress!!! I will continue to pray for him...I hope everyone is holding up~ especially Mama!! Talk to you soon!!!