As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, February 20, 2011

When Words Fail

Believe it or not, I have no doubt God has a purpose. I have no doubt of His love, mercy, or grace. I don't understand this week, but I have not understood most of the last 8 months...except that He continues to take care of the children and me.



But I will also tell you this, I am shell shocked. I do not even know what to pray, little less how to pray it. I keep remembering verses about "those who call on the name of the Lord". Thankfully, it is not "those with eloquent prayers made up of perfect words," because I have no words beyond, "Oh, holy God..." And my voice trails off because I am at a loss, but then maybe, as long as I know to start with Him I am not as lost as I thought.

2 comments:

sharilyn said...

"...but then maybe, as long as I know to start with Him I am not as lost as I thought."

beautifully stated Truth...

He is the Alpha...and the Omega...

wv: funny, but the word verification is "rewing"... seems somehow prophetic to me.... thinking phoenix, butterfly... something which's wings have been damaged by storm/wind/trial and cannot fly... He "rewing"s it...

just sayin'....

Anonymous said...

I love you, Sharilyn.

Yes, re-wing...so it can fly...so I can fly.

Love you.