This morning my littlest one woke up too warm and pretty queazy, so we had a slow morning. While I hate when my family is sick, there are so many things about slow morning that I love.
Thank you, Lord, for slow mornings and all they entail.
1. Warm blankets.
2. Snuggle buddies.
3. A Big Bed with room for everyone.
4. Clifford the Big Red Dog.
5. Soft pillows.
6. Soft sheets.
7. Poodles that like to lie on our toes.
8. The sun slipping through the window.
9. Birds singing praise to you.
10. Cool washcloths.
11. Meds to bring down fevers.
12. Being able to lie in bed and doze.
13. The sound of a daughter's voice wandering down the hall as she prays in her room.
14. Little hands that pat my face.
15. Small fingers that wrap around mine for comfort.
16. Arms to hold precious jewels we call children.
17. Gentle music.
18. Cold water.
19. Overhead fans.
20. The amazing sound of a child's breath while he sleeps.
21. The privilege of being a mom.
22. The ability to rub aching muscles.
23. The soft voice that says, "I'm glad you're here, Mom."
24. The knowledge that when I am looking at that sleeping face, I am beholding one of the great masterpieces of all time.
25. Knowing you are right there with us, curled up in the bed, listening, loving, healing.