Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience has started a Gratitude Community. It started with her desire to recognize 1000 Gifts the Lord has given her. Other jumped in and chose to become consciously aware of the gifts they have been given as well. I am choosing to join as well.
In truth, I think I recognize the "small" things the Lord gives me, but becoming more aware and choosing to seek Him in the small things of everyday life can only bring good things to my heart and family. Also, I want to help all of you focus on the 1000 Gifts He's given you.
That is not to suggest you are not thankful. I am, however, aware that some days and some seasons can make it hard to see the good stuff hiding under the demands and weights of life. The irony is, the good stuff isn't hiding at all. We just have to choose to see it and receive it. Prayerfully, in my list, you can see some of your own as well.
Join the community if you want, and if you don't, it's okay. Just don't miss the chance to enjoy your 1000 Gifts.
1. My laptop--it's in my lap, so I thought of it first. :-)
2. The opportunity to have quiet time on my deck without armies marching by or bombs going off.
3. Sweats that keep the chill out on fabelous fall mornings in Texas.
4. My washing machine that I can toss my sweatshirt into so I can get the chocolate frosting off that found its way from the bowl and spoon to the edge of my sleeve.
5. Fall in Texas.
6. My friend Debra, who may show up a lot in here, for giving directions to A Holy Experience.
7. A Bible in my language.
8. Journals that document my journey.
9. The ability to read and write.
10. Joy Davidson, my class called her Daisy because she was as wondrous as one, who taught me to type.
11. A comfortable chair.
12. Fuzzy slippers.
13. Warm blankets.
14. Our sunroom that allows light in while keeping heat/cold in.
15. A kitchen where a knob allows me to cook instead of my needing to build or stoke a fire.
16. The luxury of being a stay at home mom.
19. Understanding of how to make my sinuses drain.
20. Programs that make editing my posts easy.