As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Friday, August 11, 2006

It's so Easy to WIG OUT!!!! You Should Try It.

As some folks know, nearly two years ago, I donated my hair to Locks of Love to be made into a wig. When my children found out what I was doing and why, they decided they wanted to donate their ahir as well. My four year old son had hair almost to his shoulders, so we figured he had a good jump on things, and our daughter had a bob, but it would grow. Well, more than a year later, Robert's hair was barely past his shoulders and had not grown in months. Due to the ongoing teasing and the lack of end in sight, we cut his hair with the intention of selling it and donating the money to buy a synthetic wig for someone who needed it. That was in January. This week we got the bad news about Anna's hair. The swimming and summer activities have taken its toll. She needs at least two inches cut off, and while it can grow some more, we will face the same problems next summer. She, too, has opted for selling her hair and donating the money for a wig. So, I did some research, andI want to share the information I received from MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.
---
Our Volunteer Services Beauty Barber Shop would gladly accept any monetary donation that your children would like to make towards purchasing wigs for our patients. Several times a year, we purchase synthetic wigs directly from China in large quantities so we are able to get each wig for about $20. As you are aware, these wigs are available free of charge to our patients. Either one of our two licensed cosmetologists or one of our trained volunteers work with each patient to carefully select a wig for them.

When your children are ready to make their donation, please make the check payable to M. D. Anderson Volunteer Services and note in the memo section on the check that it's for the purchasing of wigs.

Their donation should be sent to:
The University of Texas
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Department of Volunteer Services - Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77030-4009

If you have any other questions, please do no hesitate to call me.
Maggi Suttles
Assistant Director, Volunteer Services
713-745-0270
713-794-4282 Fax
-----

I am sure no one would mind if you shared this information, so feel free to invite others to wig out and bless others.

Hoping your life is hairy and blessed......

No comments: