As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Thursday, March 1, 2012

If I could give you anything...Being...

If I could give you anything today, I would give you a seat on my glider on my deck where it is warm, and I would sit a glass of tea on the table beside you and make the presence of God on the other side of you so deep and rich, not only did you feel the peace of Him, but you knew the touch of His hand on yours or His arm around your shoulder...

...and I would leave y'all to talk...

...because today you need to talk to Him, to hear Him, to be with Him, to feel His love for you.

Today, you need to simply be in the arms of the One who loves you most, understands you best, and feels you deepest.

Today you don't need to perform or figure out what is expected. You simply need to be...

...and know whatever that is, wherever that is mentally or emotionally or spiritually...He wants to be there with you.

May you have THAT kind of day.

4 comments:

That's Who I Am said...

Thanks for this, Jerri. I forwarded the link to several friends and they are already responding that they have been encouraged. Love you, lady. :)

Jerri Kelley said...

Who You Am, so glad it was a blessing! Thank you for your encouragement!!! Love you!

mizzbrizz said...

That gave me chills!

Jerri Kelley said...

MizzBrizz, so glad you got a Daddy touch in it.