As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Friday, March 28, 2008

Magnificent Madness

For those who do not know, basketball has been my favorite sport since I found out about that magnificent sphere back in junior high. While I have not played in many, many years, I still love it, and this is my favorite time of year for it. March Madness is a basketball lovers nirvana, especially when some little unknown decides they can run with the big boys...and they do.

This year, Davidson has captured the hearts of the fans at our house and many others. A school with 1,700 students, Davidson has lived up to its name and taken down giants. It has been thrilling.

However, the amazing story on the court is only part of the amazing story. The winning attitude of this school goes all the way up to the top.

In a world gone mad with self-serving greed, Davidson's magnificent madness shows the power of doing the right thing. God bless their magnificent madness.

Please take time to read more.

No comments: