As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, December 10, 2007

the Keeper of my Soul Continues to Keep My Mind on Him

Seven7 left a comment on The Keeper of My Soul from June 2006, and it was perfect timing. The Lord has been discussing this with me, and He so graciously reminded me of lessons learned through Seven7's reminding me of that post. Here is her comment and my response. Again, I share it because I think some folks will be blessed by God's faithfulness.


Seven7 said...
This was truly inspiring! Sometimes we have to be reminded who is in control of our lives and because Jesus is in control we have peace in knowing that we are well kept! God Bless, Seven7

Jerri Phillips said...
Seven7,

It is so true, and I find that the more I think I really understand that, the more He shows me a new place to apply it.

Candidly, there are some tense family relations the Lord is leading me through, and my first instinct is to run and hide. I don't know what to say or do so I try to avoid the situation, and I get horribly stressed. Last week as I lay this before Him, He responded with such assurance, "I prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies, and when someone confronts you, I give you words to answer. You are worried about failing and not looking like me. Quit looking at you so much and see who I say I am. Then I will be present in the situation, not you."

I'm not relishing the next meeting, but I have peace, and I know when the meeting comes, it is for my good and His glory rather than because the enemy slipped through the Heavenly lines to torture me.

Bless you!!!

2 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

God just recently spoke to me and ask me when I was going to stop trying to get out of these situations and let Him lead me through.

I don't know the details of what you are going through but you have definitely been on my heart and in my prayers.

Jerri Phillips said...

In this particular situation, it is in-laws. Very different values and beliefs, and I don't take too kindly to folks trying to manipulate and control, especially when they are too cowardly to talk to me so they tell my children, "You should tell your parents you want to...", which is really what they want. And amazingly, I don't see the joke in my mother-in-law telling my children, "When you realize your parents don't really love you, you can come live with me."

Suffice to say not all the adults in my marriage see these things as th witchcraft it is, so that creates some feelings of being unprotected. However, the Lord spoke something wonderful to me about that. The Lord said, "I am the perfect husband, and even when he doesn't cover you, I do. You won't face anything I am not in if you just receive my presence and focus on me."

I don't know if the LORD will deliver me from my enemies or let me feast in front of them. Whichever it is will be for His glory and my good.

I personally try to avoid my enemies, but when we read about the reality of confrontation with our enemies, we find out the Lord is always right there present. Isn't that what we pray for, for His presence? I just have to quit being picky about the way and in the circumstances He chooses to prove His love, covering, and power.