As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. -- Isaiah 55:10-11

Saturday, July 1, 2006

Is Christianity Considered PG?

Okay, I read the headlines that a movie got a PG rating because of it's Christian content, so I read the rest of the article.

The article presents the ongoing debate on whether Facing the Giants was rated PG due to Christian content or not. I have no clear answer. However, it has also reopened the discussion about the rating system and how it seems to be letting more and more be considered G that should be PG or PG that should be R. There is a possibility that these discussions will come up before Congress, and we could have a voice in them if we act accordingly.

I am sending you two links. First is the link the article, and second is the link to the Facing the Giants website.

After watching the trailer, I want to see it.

For further public dicussion, feel free to comment here. The comments won't show up immediately, but I will get them mediated and posted as quickly as I can, and as always, if you want, you can just reply to me and tell me what you think.

Blessings to all of you, and may you have the faith to face the giants.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060701/D8IJDOR81.html

http://www.facingthegiants.com/

No comments: